Please select a Help Topic to learn more:
- How does bidding work?
- Why do I need to register and/or login?
- How do I know if I am winning an auction?
- How do I pay after I win an auction?
- Do you have any tips for successful bidding?
- How do I change my password or contact information?
- How do I reset my password and/or How do I resolve the error message that my username or email address is already in use?
These auctions use proxy bidding. A bidder can enter a proxy Maximum Bid that they are willing to bid up to and be protected in the auction until their Maximum Bid is beaten.
- “Laptop with wheels” has a starting bid of $10.
- John places a maximum bid of $25. His current bid starts at $10.
- Mary places a bid of $20, but is told that her bid is lower than John’s bid.
- The current bid of John is now raised to $20.50 to defeat Mary’s bid of $20.
- Mary can choose to place a new bid which is more than $20.50, to outbid John.
- Bid increments are automatically calculated. The higher the bidding goes the higher the calculated bid increments get.
While you can freely browse items, you must register in order to bid in this auction.
To register, please go to the Registration Page. Fill in the necessary information, review the Terms of Service and click the “Submit” button to complete your application. An email will be sent to you containing your registration information. Alternatively, you can register while bidding on an item.
All bidders acknowledge that they have read our terms and conditions of sale and agree to be bound thereby. If you require clarification , please contact the Children’s Museum Communications Coordinator before registering.
Once registered, you simply need to enter your Username, Password and an amount to bid on an item.
Alternatively, you can log in to your user account. Logging in automatically fills in your Username and Password when you want to place a bid. Logging in also allows you to change your personal information, including your contact information and password. Note: If you log in, we recommend that you click the “Logout” link when you are done bidding.
Click the refresh bid icon in the popup window of the auction you wish to check. If you are winning, your name and current bid will be displayed on top.
If you are the winning bidder for an item, you will be automatically emailed after bidding is complete notifying you that you have won. You will then be contacted within three business days to make arrangements for payment and pick-up or delivery of your auction item. As outlined in our Terms & Conditions, you must complete any auction transaction within 30 days from the closing date in which you are the winning bidder unless other arrangements have been agreed to in writing.
Online payment options are available through PayPal and include Visa, MasterCard, and Debit. In-person payment options include cash or cheques. Cheques should be made payable to: Manitoba Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 4T6.
The Children’s Museum reserves the right to collect, store, and process credit card information in accordance with privacy laws. In the event a winning bidder fails to collect and pay for their auction item within 30 days of the auction closing, the Children’s Museum reserves the right to charge their credit card the full amount of their winning bid. You should not place bids in multiple auctions for the same items unless you intend to buy all items on which you place a bid.
We sure do!
- Keep checking the items you’re bidding on to make sure you’re still the highest bidder.
- If you are unable to remain at your computer, use the proxy bidding option by entering the highest amount you are willing to pay for an item. The system will automatically bid for you up to that amount. (See Proxy Bidding.)
- Make a note of the closing date and time for the items that interest you and make yourself available to counter any last minute bidders who might out bid you in the final hour and minutes.
- Placing a high bid for that “must have” item will deter the competition, even in proxy bidding where you won’t necessarily have to pay your maximum reservation price.
You can change your password and contact information — email, address, phone number — by logging into the system.
Log in to your user profile through the Login link (located in the top-right corner of the screen beneath the search bar).
Click the Profile link and edit your personal information accordingly. When complete, click the “Update Profile” button to save the changes to your information.
How do I reset my password and/or How do I resolve the error message that my username or email address is already in use?
Click here and follow the prompts to reset your password. You will receive a link to create a new password via email after completing this process.